Fanfic Sorted by Category
- ADMM-centric: Albus Dumbledore/Minerva McGonagall, not necessarily romance stories, but the focus is on the two. AD/MM.
- Minerva-centric: fics in which much or all of the focus is on Minerva McGonagall or in which her point-of-view is dominant; most are ADMM.
- Snape-centric: fics in which much or all of the focus is on Severus Snape or in which his point-of-view is dominant.
- Flitwick-centric: primarily flashfics, drabbles, and one-shots featuring the Charms master (most are also FFPS).
- Poppy-centric: stories focussing on or featuring Poppy Pomfrey.
- Lemon One-Shots: MA-rated one-shots (various pairings).
- Romances: romances of various lengths with various pairings.
- Humor: Short fics that might tickle the funny-bone.
- Drabbles, Flashfics, Short Stories, and One-Shots: short fics of various sorts, including sets of drabbles; many light or humorous ones.
- Novels, Novellas, Novelettes: shorter chaptered fics, ranging from four chapters and up.
- Massive Mega-Novels & Epic Fics: very long chaptered fics, “epic length” fanfiction.
- Resolving a Misunderstanding Universe stories: stories set in the RaM-verse; many can stand alone; “recommended reading order,” but you may read them however you like. 😉
- Original Character Fics: HP fanfic that features original characters, usually with canon characters, as well.
- Kid-Safe Fics: HP fanfic that may be safe to share with your favorite young person.
~*~ Reviews are very welcome! ~*~
Note: Fics with MA-rated content are archived primarily at sites requiring log-in and membership, such as the Petulant Poetess archive and the Our Mirror of Erised Yahoo! Group, which has fanfic available for download in the “Files” area. The Petulant Poetess site allows anyone, members and nonmembers, to read and review stories rated K, K+, and T. Stories rated M or MA require membership and log in to read. An Archive of Our Own is more flexible, and individual authors may set whether stories are available to those who are not logged-in members. At this writing (Feb. 2013), I have chosen to allow access to all of my stories to any visitor to the site, including guests.
As I assume everyone who is able to read knows, Harry Potter and the Harry Potter universe and its characters belong entirely to J.K. Rowling and those with whom she has contracts assigning certain of her copyrights (e.g., Warner Bros.). This HP fanfiction is intended as personal entertainment and as a humble homage to JKR’s wonderful fictional universe. It is not intended to infringe on her copyright in any way, but is intended to promote the continued reading and enjoyment of her books. I make no profit from this and strongly doubt my story has the power to divert any profit from JKR.
Please do not take any of my stories as an infallible source for information about the real world, whether scientific, cultural, social, literary, veterinary, geographic or otherwise. I strive for verisimilitude, and borrow heavily from the real world, including from world history, literary history, science, nature, and world culture, but verisimilitude is different from strict accuracy. (Some folk I have found to be either very literal or rather naive.) Obviously, the Harry Potter magical universe comes from JKR’s series, though I’ve added people, places, things, and concepts of my own — that’s what makes it fanfiction! I hope you enjoy the stories!