Here are several of my shorter HP fanfics for your reading pleasure. There are summaries, including characters, genres, and ratings, at the start of each story, and the chaptered fics have links at the end of each chapter that lead to the next chapter. Enjoy!
- A Light at Dusk: Minerva needs a quiet, peaceful holiday to recuperate from a difficult term. Poppy kindly loans her the use of a small country cottage. T. (ADMM. Not a RaMverse fic.)
- A Spree with Albus: The new DADA candidate enjoys a practical interview with Albus Dumbledore, which includes a duel with the older wizard. T.
- A Christmas for Aberforth: When Aberforth’s plans for Christmas are ruined, Minerva has an idea. T. (Albus/Minerva)
- ’Twas the Night Before the Night Before Christmas: It’s Severus Snape’s first Christmas after the war. He finds himself with a new duty. With Severus, Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Poppy Pomfrey, and others. T.
- Malcolm’s Tale of Angus Óg: Albus asks Minerva for a story. She retells one of her brother Malcolm’s tales, a story of his encounter with Angus Óg one late night, and of how Angus returned a favour of Malcolm’s with one very special one of his own. With Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, and others. K+.
- The Unsentimental Arithmancer: Albus Dumbledore comes to know a young Arithmancer, Gertrude Gamp, and spends Christmas with her and her husband. T.
- Enter, Peacetime: The final battle ends, and Alastor Moody helps to usher another wizard into peacetime. Not DH-compliant. Snape-centric, with Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, others. T.
- The Sorting of Suzie Sefton: An old wand finds its witch at long-last as a new Muggle-born enters the wizarding world. Suzie finds more than a few diversions along the way, from her first trip to Diagon Alley to the Hogwarts Express to the Sorting Ceremony. Her first encounter with Severus Snape is particularly dramatic—and potentially traumatic. With Draco Malfoy, Severus Snape, Rubeus Hagrid, Poppy Pomfrey, and others. T.
- The Sunshine of Kindness: One summer’s morning at Grimmauld Place, Remus tries to sway Sirius. With Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Molly Weasley, and Kreacher. K+.
- The Cornish Pixie Prank: A DADA instructor has a pixie problem. A “Marauders’ Era” fic. With Poppy Pomfrey, James Potter, Sirius Black, and others. K+.
- The Fifth Gryffindor: We hear about the Marauders, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew, but there was a fifth Gryffindor wizard in their year. Here’s his story. T.
- Minerva in Hogsmeade: Minerva finds chaperone duty in Hogsmeade very dull, until . . . K+.
- Trevor and the Queen: One warm summer evening at the Grangers’, Mrs Granger is preparing dinner as Hermione and her friends spend some time together after their second year at Hogwarts, and Trevor has an adventure . . . With Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Crookshanks, and Trevor. K+.
- Now is Perfect: Discovering what you want may help you find it when the time is right. Flitwick-centric, with Pomona Sprout, Poppy Pomfrey, and others. T.
- Cheering Charms: A set of humorous flashfics featuring our Hogwarts Charms master, Filius Flitwick, beginning with “Trunks.” K+/T.
- Falling for Pomona: First impressions can be very important. But don’t we all sometimes wish they weren’t? Filius Flitwick flashfic. K+.
- Impressing Filius: Companion one-shot and sequel to “Falling for Pomona,” the flip-side of the story. T.
- Budding Charms: Ten loosely related drabbles of courtship, early romance, and discovering love. Fluffy, humorous romance. FFPS. T.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems!
Feel free to leave a comment or review. 😀
If you don’t like something, click the “back” button!
You can see the list of all my fics, with full summaries and links to their various locations, in the page “List of All MMADfan Fics” or the post “All MMADfan Fanfics,” which has all the banners and some additional details about the fics.
Fics by Genre, Character, and Type: If you would like to see lists of the stories sorted by category (romance, ADMM, short stories, novels, etc.), look at this page of stories sorted by type.
If a story is posted here to this blog, you can also find it in the drop-down menu from the “Read a Little Fanfic” tab, or use the Site Index, and select the fic you would like to read. Each story or chapter is in its own subpage, and they should be easy to navigate.
As I assume everyone who is able to read knows, Harry Potter and the Harry Potter universe and its characters belong entirely to J.K. Rowling and those with whom she has contracts assigning certain of her copyrights (e.g., Warner Bros.). This fanfiction is intended as personal entertainment and as a humble homage to JKR’s wonderful fictional universe. It is not intended to infringe on her copyright in any way, but is intended to promote the continued reading and enjoyment of her books. I make no profit from this and strongly doubt my story has the power to divert any profit from JKR.
Please do not take any of my stories as an infallible source for information about the real world, whether scientific, cultural, social, literary, veterinary, geographic or otherwise. I strive for verisimilitude, and borrow heavily from the real world, including from world history, literary history, science, nature, and world culture, but verisimilitude is different from strict accuracy. (Some folk I have found to be either very literal or rather naive.) Obviously, the Harry Potter magical universe comes from JKR’s series, though I’ve added people, places, things, and concepts of my own — that’s what makes it fanfiction! I hope you enjoy the stories!